Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Welcome Baby Boy


Well I had made a baby girl card last week and really needed a baby boy card, so I went ahead and made it! I used the final Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge #4 for my layout. On my very messy desk I found half a sheet of Bo Bunny's Kitchen Spice Cinnamon patterned paper and decided to would use that for my color combo.

The cutie boy bunny is from the Practically Perfect set by Verve Stamps. I stamped him on watercolor paper and watercolored him with markers and an aquabrush. I paper pieced the bow-tie with some of the patterned paper and popped him up on my circle. The swirly border is the apron border die from the Cat's Pajamas and the brads are sparkle vanilla brads from American Crafts (I think!). The ribbon is white taffeta ribbon colored with my Early Espresso marker...cuz when you just don't have the right ribbon, you can make your own!

If you are at all interested to learn anymore about me, I was featured on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog yesterday...you can see the post HERE. Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Practically Perfect (Verve Stamps); Paper - Early Espresso (SU!), Kitchen Spice Cinnamon (BoBunny), watercolor paper; Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Early Espresso Marker, Crumb Cake Marker (SU!); Accessories - white taffeta ribbon (SU!), Vanilla Sparkle Brads (American Crafts), Apron Border Die (The Cat's Pajamas), Big Scalloped Circles, Labels 14 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), aquabrush, dimensionals

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute card. Love the little rabbit...and the color!

Carma said...

I never would have thought of coloring the ribbon! Genius!! Love the shapes and the coloring. I enjoyed reading your "bio" and I really appreciate "your style of engineering". Someday I'm going to have to learn just what an aquabrush is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails