Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Official!

It is official! I am now published in a magazine. Not just any magazine, but Paper Crafts! Okay it has been actually official for like a week or more, but I just got my own copies of the magazine today. It is so weird and so totally exciting to see my name actually printed in a magazine next to something I created! And actually my name was printed twice because they listed all of the first-timers in the front...a whopping 19 for this issue! I still cannot believe it! I am still trying to keep myself from being an 80's one-hit wonder (so far no luck) but I am going the confident route and saying I will see my name in print again...well at least I hope (ok there sort of went the confidence). Anyway just had to share my excitement!

Oh and since the magazine is out, I get to share the card that was published. It uses Branch Out from Stampin' Up!...so love this set (did they really just retire it?!). I created the sky by punching a scallop circle and brushing Bashful Blue ink around the top of the scallop circle to create clouds...pretty huh?! The tree was stamped in Soft Suede and the blossoms were in Melon Mambo. The ribbon is one of my Wal-Mart finds by Offray.

I also have an update regarding the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge from Saturday (see my card HERE)...there is a $20 Gift Certificate up for grabs! Just make a card with the sketch and link it up to the Sweet Stop Blog. Have fun getting inky!

That is all for me. Go out and get a copy of the Paper Crafts March/April 2010 issue for yourself (I am on page 70 and would happy to autograph it for you...just kiddin'!). Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Branch Out (Stampin' Up!); Paper - Melon Mambo, Textured Soft Suede, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Ink - Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Mellow Moss (Stampin' Up!); Accessories - Pink Polka Dot ribbon (Offray); Scallop Circle Punch (SU!), Corner Rounder Punch (SU!), sponge, dimensionals

3 comments:

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Congratulations and good luck with everything!! I would love to be published someday!

Scrappin' Patty said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to get my copy. Hope to see you there more times.

Annette said...

Congrates! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Crisp, clean & very cheerful! Rock on girl! LOL! - Annette
http://studioapapercreations.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails