Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monster Celebrations

Is it bad when you sort of enjoy when a kid gets sick? i don't mean I actually like it when he feels bad or anything like that. I just like all of the snuggles he wants more of when he is sick. He is a fairly snuggly kind of kid, but still those sick snuggles just last longer. I mean, for goodness sakes, I actually snuggled and napped with him today! Obviously I will be happy when he is feeling better, but I will miss the long snuggles until next time.

I have another Color Challenge card. This one is the Moxie Fab World Neutral Color Challenge in honor of the Color Inspirations for Cardmakers edition. The layout for the card is the 3rd Viva La Verve Sketch Challenges. I went for a masculine card here for my brother-in-law's birthday...which reminds me, I need to actually mail the card to him now! George, the monster, from Paper Makeup Stamps is actually a very environmentally friendly monster...his actual shirt has the recycle symbol on it and his flag usually reads "Go Green"...which I probably could have kept since my brother-in-law is a Michigan State fan...although that pretty much goes against my University of Michigan blood. Anyway, I inked up the stamp with a marker, so I just didn't ink up those portions of the stamp...instant customizable stamp! So I paper pieced his shirt, flag, and bottle and colored his spots with just a marker. The sentiment is from the Little Moments set from Paper Makeup Stamps. I used my new pinking die from the Cat's Pajamas to get my two stripes element from the layout.

Only one more Color Challenge to go and I will have done them all. Kinda excited about that...not really sure why exactly...maybe because I don't normally get to finish multiple challenges like that very often. Anyway, last one is done and will be showing up soon. Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - George, Little Moments (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Brocade Blue, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand Patterned Paper (SU!); Ink - Early Espresso Marker, Brocade Blue Marker, Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes embossing folder (Provo), Pinking Edge Die (The Cat's Pajamas), Brocade Blue Brads (SU!), Tim Holtz Edge Distresser (Ranger), scissors, dimensionals


3 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

really cool look to this fellow! and I LOVE and look forward to snow days. Too bad 2 of them happened when I was on vacation! Enjoy the snuggles.

Randee E said...

Awwee. . . I love sick snuggles :0) I love trying to kiss away the hurt and make them feel better. I love running my fingers through their hair and patting their warm back and forehead. I love when they curl up in your lap and you try to wrap as much of them as you can with your loving embrace. Hope he feels better soon, enjoy the snuggles. I enjoyed reading your spotlight too! BTW your card is just too cute :0)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails