Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blinged Out Sneak Peak


Whew...did you all have a great Halloween? Ours was a blast. We realized that this was my daughter's (2 yrs old) first time Trick-or-Treating. She was sick last year so she didn't go out with her brother and the year before she was a baby and obviously didn't do much but look cute. She was hilarious the whole time...so into it and determined to walk (or run) the whole way and to carry her bag herself! It wasn't until it got dark that she started getting scared of going up to the houses...guess once it got dark, everything looked a whole lot scarier because she wouldn't even go up to people that weren't dressed up. You can check out the costumes at the bottom of this post...the feathers may have been a pain in-the-you-know-where (de-feathered two boas and then glued each one on individually!), but they looked great.

Now onto the real reason for the post today...that is right, Paper Makeup Stamps is embarking on another release and today is "Fairy Day"! If you missed the first peek, make sure you check out this POST...by leaving a comment you could win all of the stamps peeked that day! I have the honor of showing you the Celest Fairy. She was previously released in a Makeup Kit, but now is available all by her beautiful self. I used the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #132 for my layout. I stamped the Celest Fairy in Brilliance Graphite Black ink on watercolor paper and colored her with ink pads and an aquabrush. She was cut-out completely...she is not quite a true circle so I was having a hard time using my circle nesties....but you can't tell too much when there is a large border around her (at least that is what I think!).

She was layered over top of a Lacey Circle by Spellbinders and the pattern paper was a Bashful Blue pattern paper from an old Hostess Pack. I blinged out the card with some rhinestone flourishes and some larger rhinetsones around the Lacey Circle. Definitely more bling than I normally use (it is hard to convince myself to use those flourishes...but honestly why I am just buying them and not using them!). The sentiment, which got nicely framed by the rhinestone flourish I might add, is from the Little Moments sentiment set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Make sure you check out the PMS Blog for all of the peak posts and leave a comment to win the stamps for that day...nothin' better than free stamps! On November 7, we will be having a fun-filled Blog Hop and finish it off with a Release Party at 9 pm in the PMS Forum. So make sure to come on by for some fun! Until then, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

Oh and here are my kids costumes and our costumes...theirs were definitely much better than ours, but it was fun being trees for our little birdies to perch in! My Mom came up with the design of the costumes and did any sewing needed...I feathered and leafed.

My two Birdies!

The Birdies perched in their "trees"

Showing off her feathers!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Celest Fairy, Little Moments Sentiments (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Night of Navy, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue Pattern Paper (SU!), Ink - Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Accessories - Lacey Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Rhinestone Flourishes (Best Occasion), Rhinestone Stickers (Darice), aquabrush, dimensionals

8 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

oooh, came here to comment on your card. But your halloween costumes ares oooo creative! I love it!

Michelle VP said...

Wowzers, Andrea! Love the bird and tree costumes - so creative! :) And I love all the bling and how you cut around Celest for your card too. :)

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love the *birdies* and your *trees*! So creative! And your card is perfect too! Great coloring of Celest...

♥Lisa M.

Ginny said...

I love how you did the sparkly flourish on her. And Wow on the halloween costumes!

Carma said...

Just love the way you cut around the image and the bling is fabulous! I'm also smiling at the birdies and their "trees"...how cute!

Lindsy said...

The constumes are way too cute! And I can imagine the work that went into making them ~ oy vey!
Love the card ~ especially all the bling! =)

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my goodness your costumes are adorable!!! Your card is wonderful Andrea!! I LOVE the bling!

FibreJunky said...

What a cutie pie!! (the little bird, not the fairy...although the fairy is cute, too.) Those halloween costumes are really great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails