Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge



This is my first time doing a sketch challenge. I decided to do a Beate Sketch Challenge...she, Beate Johns (an amazing artist and stamper)posts the sketches on her blog on Fridays. Beate is a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator too, so she always has great samples using SU! supplies. She always has some cool sketches, so I decided to give it a shot. This is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #14.

I needed a wedding card, so I tried to go somewhat elegant. I, again, didn't have a Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink pad (pretty typical since I only have a few), so I did it the cheater way. First ink your stamp in Versamark and then without stamping the image, ink it with desired Classic ink color. Then stamp the image and emboss like normal. Works pretty well. I had a hard time figuring out what to do with the Hodgepodge Hardware squiggly clip, but I finally managed to tie a bow around it. I knew I wanted something else there besides just the bow and I like how it turned out. I realized though that I need the next circle punch up from what I have...I had to cut the Bravo Burgundy circle by hand. What do ya think! Only problem is the card is going to my co-worker, a boy...not many girls in engineering, so he probably will look right past the beauty of my creation. Oh well!!

The Engineering Details

Stamp Sets: Heartfelt Thanks, Wonderful Words

Inks: Sage Shadow, Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Versamark

Cardstock: Sage Shadow, Rose Red, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White

Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware - Pewter, Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, 1-3/8 Circle Punch, 1/16" Circle Punch, Dimensionals, Glue Dots (to hold ribbon on)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, thanks so much for trying out the sketch. I am honored that your first challenge was my sketch. Your card looks amazing! I love it! Hugs and smiles

Shannon McGann said...

This is gorgeous! I love the rich colours. It looks so elegant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails