Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge (#16)



I finally got to try out Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I missed last week...kind of bummed too because it looked like a good one. I needed a Baby Shower card for a friend of mine, so I knew which set I wanted to use....so sad it retired (and yes I think it has been over a year). But the image of the Mom and baby just hits me right in the heart, you know. So what better image for a Mom-to-be?

The one technique that I love, love, LOVE, to do with these sketches type of sets is bleaching. Just emboss the image with Versamark and Crystal Clear Embossing powder and then dip a synthetic paintbrush in bleach and sweep it in the desired areas. The more bleach the whiter it gets or the more color is removed. I tend to only dip once and do a different area at a time so that the resulting color varies some throughout the image.

This sketch challenge was a tough one for me. Not really sure what it is, but I am not overly pleased with the card...its missing some layers or something. But alas it was getting late last night and the 5:20 am wake-up was looming a little too close for comfort, so I stopped and called it quits. I think the circles were throwing me off. I don't do much with circles....the engineer in me likes straight edges or something. Plus, since I don' have the cool scallop circle punch that is all of the rage right now (which makes me want one!), I tried to make do with a pair of scallop scissors. Well these scissors are the really cheap ones...I mean really cheap. In fact, so cheap they barely cut the cardstock! So I kind went with it and let the scallops look a little distressed. Sort of worked. Oh well, lots of excuses on this one. Maybe next time!

The Engineering Details

Stamps: Sketches (Retired), Priceless (the little flower), Wonderful Words

Inks: Versamark, Very Vanilla Craft, Elegant Eggplant

Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla

Other: Crystal Clear Embossing Powder, Sponge, Bleach, Synthetic Brush, Scallop Scissors (non SU! - brand unknown), Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you struggled through. I think it looks great!

Cheryl KVD said...

Hi Andrea. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I got those rain dots from some blog candy that I won, so I don't know where they are from. But the packaging says: made by Fiskars, www.cloud9designs.biz and they are $3.99. I hope that this info helps you out. Good luck finding them!
Cheryl

Related Posts with Thumbnails