Monday, May 9, 2011

Tempting Mother's Day Card

Well I hope that everyone's Mother's Day was wonderful.  I actually had some time alone sitting outside reading and having a cup of coffee...that never, ever happens!  It was so nice!  


I had to share one more Mother's Day cards with ya.  Yeah, I know we are past the actual day, but this one is special...it is made completely with cardstock from Paper Temptress.  I highlighted this card on the Paper Temptress Community Blog last Friday...check it out HERE.  I am tellin' ya, this cardstock is just so fun to play with!!


Using the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #106, I stamped the Stipple Rose (long retired SU!) and embossed it on the Classic Solar White Linen cardstock.  This was cut out with Oval Nestabilities...which was  tad bit tricky with all of those bits hanging over the edge.  Then I layered it with Aqua Basis cardstock.  Then came the really beautiful cardstock, Copper Mica/Metallic!  So gorgeous!  I tried to show how much this stuff shimmers and sparkles.  All of this was then mounted on a base of the Heavenly White 100# cardstock.  A lovely, smooth yet heavyweight cardstock.  See why this card was special?!  


And now I feel I need to show a picture of my daughter.  My last POST focused on my son, so to give her some love too, I will show off her new haircut.  She originally asked for "boy hair"...I have no idea why, but she has been requesting it for a long while.  So finally took her in to get her haircut to a short "girl" bob.  Adorable right?!  Which is what made her looking in teh mirror and crying "I want short hair" even funnier!  We convinced her to give this a shot...and yeah she is only 2....imagine what I am in for as she gets older!  




Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Stipple Rose (retired SU!), Sentiment from Women of Life set (Papertrey Ink); Paper - Heavenly White 100#, Copper Mica/Metallic, Classic Linen Solar White, Aqua Basis (Paper Temptress); Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko); Accessories - Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Edge Border Punch (SU!), white satin ribbon (Offray), Copper Embossing Powder, dimensionals, heat gun

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails