Thursday, March 10, 2011

For Ewe in Review


Ok I am going to admit that I am writing this very late at night (then scheduling it to post), so I cannot guarantee that it will be 100% coherent. After all I have been up since 6:30 am as that is when my children have decided it a perfectly decent time to wake up...I try to differ with them, but they don't seem to want to budge on this issue.

Anyway, I get the opportunity to show off one more of the newly released stamps from Paper Makeup Stamps. Sally Sheep is part of the Retro Cutie Critters line, which I absolutely adore! Now Sally is just looking completely fabulous all dressed up, don't you think? Actually the thought of a sheep being dressed up like this for some reason makes me giggle.

Anyway, I took the opportunity to paper piece her, lining up nicely with the Moxie Fab World Paper Piecing Challenge, in orange. i used a layout from an old Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #94 that I never got a chance to play with before. I added some white fun flock to her woolly parts...did that sound dirty or was it just me and my very sleepy mind! If it was, I apologize! Back to the card...I dyed some white taffeta ribbon with the Early Espresso marker...I apparently need some ribbon in this color because I keep doing this. The "For" part of the sentiment is actually from the Cutie Critters Sayings set from Paper Makeup Stamps and the "ewe" was created with an old alpha set I have.

Well that is all for me tonight...really should go to bed. I was suppose to be finishing up some birthday cards for my nephews and my husband went and got me involved in a movie...so now I have stayed up late and didn't get my cards done. Ah well, I will say it was a relaxing evening! Next week in addition to some new cards, I will become a baker...that is right new cake creations (and cupcakes) for my son's 6th birthday. I won't tell you what they will be so I don't jinx myself...just hoping that the ideas in my head work out! If you have never seen my cake creations thus far (mostly for my kids birthdays) take a look at my Gallery HERE. Until I post again, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Sally Sheep, Cutie Critter Sayings (Paper Makeup Stamps), Dot Alphabet (Walmart); Paper - Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Whisper White (SU!), Olivia Nectar Pattern Paper (BoBunny); Ink - Early Espresso, Cajun Craze (SU!); Accessories - Mini Glitter Brads (American Crafts), Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous), Oval and Big Scallop Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), white taffeta ribbon (SU!), dimensionals, blender pen, white gel pen

2 comments:

Michelle VP said...

I just {heart} this Sally Sheep card! What fun paper to use for piecing her clothes and how stylish! :) Can't wait to see what you do for your son's cupcakes this year!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks again for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails