Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas


It was the night before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring...well except for the crazy Momma on the computer! Yup I should totally be going to bed now as I am sure it will be an early morning, but I meant to post this all day...just would feel weird to post Christmas cards after Christmas (knowing that there is no way I am getting any computer time tomorrow as my whole family is coming to my house for Christmas!). So since it is so late I am not going to get the typical details that I normally do.

I have two cards for you. The first is one of my favorites from the November Release from Paper Makeup Stamps. Using the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #134 for my layout, it uses the Dr. Seuss sentiment in Old Olive ink and then paper from the Kraft Christmas collection form Jillibean Soup. This quote brings up the fact that I think I have totally scared my kids off from the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. This is a great movie (cartoon or Jim Carrey version), but I will admit I totally forgot how scary the Grinch can be in the Jim Carrey version...and of course I introduced my kids to it first. My son immediately had me turn it off after the first appearance of the Grinch and my daughter did after awhile on another occasion. Then I tried the cartoon version and since I had traumatized them from the other version, they refused to watch much of the cartoon either. Funniest part is my son knows the book and knows what happens, but apparently the Grinch is just too scary! Maybe next year...

My second card is the original version of my Christmas card this year. I think I still like this one the best, but my husband preferred the Santa to be in brown instead of white, so that is what I went for when making 70 of these bad boys! Can you tell I like the Jillibean Soup Christmas Kraft Collection? Yup used it again here. The Santa comes from the Holiday Filigree Stamp set from Inkadinkado. For this card, I used the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #160 turned 90 degrees. And yeah, I made 70 of these...amazingly it was in 4-5 days that I did it too! I forgot to take a picture of the brown santa version (I actually used them all up), so I can't show the difference. The white is cool, but it is hard to see in some lighting.

So now let me leave you with my kids wishing you a very Merry Christmas! I got a new camera so I have been totally torturing them with it! Anyway, God bless you this day and may you an a peaceful (among the chaos sometimes) and wondrous Christmas! Thanks as always for checking out my kind of engineering!








3 comments:

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful cards, Andrea! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :)

Julia @AllFreeChristmasCrafts said...

Hi Andrea,

My name is Julia Litz, I am an editor for the crafting and DIY web site AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com, the URL for the site is http://www.allfreechristmascrafts.com.

I came across your page and saw that you also offer great resources for Christmas crafters. I am hoping you will consider linking to our web site as well. Our site includes links to everything from ornament crafts to advent calendar tutorials. In particular, we have a ton of great card crafts you'd absolutely love!

I have included a brief overview of the site below, and should you have questions or need anything at all, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards,
Julia Litz
AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com


Overview of AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com:

AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com offers 1000's of free craft projects, home decor ideas and DIY tips. We add new projects and tips every day. Some of our reader’s favorites include Ornament Crafts, Christmas Crafts for Kids, DIY Christmas Gifts and DIY Christmas Decorations. URL: www.allfreechristmascrafts.com

Karisa said...

Love the cards! We've got some Christmas card inspiration as well: http://www.favecrafts.com/Cards Enjoy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails