Sunday, May 18, 2008

For my Son

Using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 48, I created this special card for my son. Well the card itself is not anything earth-shattering, but the sentiment behind it is the important part. This is a card for my son from his soon to be born baby sister. The inside (didn't take a picture because it really is nothing beautiful) says "Thank you for being my BIG BROTHER!".
We are having Baby Girl give her Big Brother a gift (Lightning McQueen Car...something he wanted) and this card. Knowing that she will be getting a lot of gifts, we wanted to make sure that he doesn't feel left out. It is a big moment in his life too afterall!


Anyway regarding the card, I stamped the crocodile and flower in Craft White ink and then rubbed pastels over top...think this is called the chalkboard technique. I think it probably would have looked better on darker cardstock, but my son will still like it. Gave the croc a heart (from the Happy Heart Day set) and popped it up on dimensionals and made it sparkle. Not much else...everything I think it pretty self-explanatory.

No consistent contractions yet! Just some Braxton-Hicks contractions sporadically. My girlfriends and I went and had pedicures (they are both pregnant too), so now I have pretty feet all ready to go! Just waiting for Baby girl to decide it is time!
The Engineering Details
Stamps - Wild About You, Happy Heart Day, Crosshatch (retired); Paper - Handsome Hunter, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, Ruby Red, Kraft; Ink - Handsome Hunter, Ruby Red, Basic Black, Craft White; Accessories - Stampin' Pastels, Q-Tips, Scissors, Diamond Stickles, So Saffron Brads, 1/16" Hole Punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, your card is adorable! I didn't know you were expecting a little girl! Congrats!
Hugs and smiles

Related Posts with Thumbnails