Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge #19 (and #18)

Well I actually completed one of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenges over the weekend! I know, I am kind of impressed myself! I didn't do anything too crazy with the card. I did cheat a little though....after seeing one of Beate's examples, I stole the idea for the ribbon and the hodgepodge hardware (hope that is o.k. Beate!). For some reason the pictures that I took today don't look the greatest...actually as I typed that I realized what it was. When I saved the picture after putting my name on it, I have it on compressing the file a lot...blah! Oh well, no time right now to fix. Updated: I reposted the picture...so mch better! Anyway, only "special" thing done here was masking of the flowers as I stamped the bouquet of them. Oh and I used my scissors to distress the edges of the Elegant Eggplant cardstock.


The Engineering Details

Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks, Word by Word, Canvas
Inks: Ruby Red, Really Rust, Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive
Cardstock: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, Really Rust, Ruby Red, Naturals Ivory
Accessories: Apricot Appeal Grosgrain ribbon, Hodgepdoge Hardware - Pewter, Hemp Twine, dimensionals



I did this for last weekend's sketch challenge (#18), but I just finished it this morning! Oh well, better late than never? Obviously it is for a wonderful little boy turning 3! Again I made a mistake in compressing the file too much, so the picture is sucky...sorry about that! Updated: I reposted this one as well...ahhh, much better! Not sure you can tell from the picture, but the sections of the truck are popped up....makes the truck stand out a bit. I actually used an eraser to "stamp" the blue polka dots on the background. My finishing touches are sewing around the edges and adding a little sparkle to the #3.



The Engineering Details

Stamps: By Land, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Quirky Numbers (Retired)
Inks: Basic Black, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, Whisper White
Acceories: Brilliant Blue Eyelet, dimensionals, Word Window Punch, Sewing Machine, Icicle Stickles, Eraser

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, both cards look great!
You can case anything on my cards. It's all good!
Hugs and smiles

My Paper World said...

I love the bright colours! both of these cards are gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails