Wednesday, April 2, 2008

SAS Masculine Card Transformation

In my effort to stay on top of upcoming birthdays and using up cardstock that I had cut for an event, I decided to try another card transformation. These cards were based on this card that my class attendees did at my Stamp-A-Stack back in February. I have one person's set of cardstock cut for that event that never got used (someone cancelled due to being sick), so I am trying to use it up. I didn't quite use it all up, but I did manage to get a few birthdays cards for some guys.






The first card is not the one I like the best. It turned out o.k., but for some reason is not really doing it for me. I used two of he large panels, one of the small panels, and the greeting that you can see on the original. I added some star brads from Oriental Trading and some hemp twine to dress it up a bit. The panels were "distressed" the same way we did in the original: stamped with the Sanded background stamp in Blue Bayou ink on the Western Sky DSP and then the edges are all sponged. Instead of sponging the greeting, I outline the River Rock piece with the Ruby Red marker. O.k. now on to the one that I feel actually turned out!






This card works for me much better. I used one large panel, one small panel, and the greeting from the original. Couldn't find a place for the photo corners, so I removed those. The panels were "distressed" as I described above. I changed the greeting to only have ticket corner punches in two corners of the the River Rock layer and added Antique Brass brads to the corners of the Blue Bayou layer below. I added a little hemp knot on the other side of the greeting. The final addition was to add a row of Ruby Red dots on the bottom side of the greeting. Since this one felt pretty good, I actually made two of this version.

I have some more projects to show later this week (probably the weekend)...the cards and such that I made for a workshop I have on Friday for a good friend. I don't do workshops very often (about once a quarter), so I always get a little nervous for them. It is much easier though knowing it will be basically my girls that I hang out with all of the time...so actually the challenge here is to keep the workshop flowing without chit-chatting the whole time. Anyway, I will share those after the workshop...want to keep them surprised!

Now I need to go to bed. I think the 3rd trimester tiredness is starting to set in...either that or my body is still adjusting to the low carb diet and is going through sugar withdrawal! I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes...I was totally expecting it since I had it with my first pregnancy, but it is still hard adjusting to the restrictions. I just try and look at it like I can eat anything i want, I just can only have so much of it. So I have to decide if it is worth how much of a meal it takes up to have it...I can't be going hungry!!! Have a great rest of the week!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Happy Everything, Sanded; Cardstock - Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, River Rock, Western Sky DSP; Ink - Ruby Red, Blue Bayou, Ruby Red marker; Accessories - Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Ticket Corner Punch, Photo Corner Punch, Antique Brass Star Brads (Oriental Trading), Antique Brass Brads, Hemp twine; Supplies - Dimensionals, sponge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I especially love that third card, Andrea! I put it in my favorites this week, as you can see in this thread on SplitCoast.

Related Posts with Thumbnails