Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Thank You

I haven't had much time lately to be very crafty...kind of killing me! I have a growing list of projects I want to work on, but haven't gotten to them. I also have a list of challenges or contests that I want to participate in, but alas I keep missing deadlines due to that lack of time thing lately. Probably has something to do with catching a cold and also caring for my sick son as well...although he got better already, but my cold is still around. Ugh!
Well I did manage to finally get my son's 3rd birthday thank you's completed. I wanted them to have elements from his invitations which you can see here. By the way, did you see the awesome cake I made him that matched his invitation...you can check it out here. I tried to keep them simple so that I could make 16 of them. Basically the car is stamped in So Saffron ink on So Saffron cardstock. I added a strip of black cardstock and some white grosgrain ribbon beneath the cars and added a little "Thank You" circle over top of the ribbon. The starburst circle was created by double punching a scallop circle...punch the cardstock once with the scallop circle punch, then attach it to some thin paper, and punch again with the scallop circle punch so that it is offset from the first set of scallops. I kept the sparkly circles on the wheels from the original invitation and matted the So Saffron cardstock on Basic Black cardstock. I wanted the whole thing matted on Real Red, but I was running low, so I only matted the base of the card. This is probably a little easier to tell in the second picture where it is open some. Finally I added some pierced holes and some white gel pen to accent the image.



The Engineering Details
Stamps - By Land, Happy Heart Day; Cardstock - Real Red, Basic Black, So Saffron; Ink - So Saffron, Basic Black; Accessories - White grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, White Gel Pen

Well besides being sick, what else could a 8 month pregnant woman be doing? Laying tile in a bathroom, of course! Seriously! I have been on my hands and knees laying tile in our basement bathroom (which has been under construction for over 3 years!). We did do it in 2 sessions, thankfully, but I was definitely feeling sore the days after! But it is exciting to finally see this bathroom getting completed, so I will endure a little pain! Still a little way to go before it is done, but having the tile in is a huge step...although I still have to grout it...ugh! Oh well!! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails