Sunday, March 23, 2008

Summer Camping


This is the last of the scrapbook pages that I have for you... at least until my scrappin' girls and I get together again (we aim for monthly with the occasional big event thrown in). This was the only double page layout I did. If you can't tell so far, I tend to do a lot of pages that have a lot of pictures on them. I guess that is because I take a lot of pictures, don't want to limit the pictures I use, and/or I don't want to scrapbook smaller sets of pictures and end up with that many more pages to do! I think it is a little bit of all of that. Here I tried to summarize the camping season for 2006 (yeah I am that behind!)...if you remember I did pull out a couple of sets of pictures from camping that warranted their own pages: Mud Puddles and Shining Your Light. The rest of the pictures are just a conglomerate of memories that pretty much speak for themselves...hence the no real journaling aspect.




















At the last scrapbooking event I went to, I won a package of coordinating patterned paper with a bunch of coordinating stickers, die cuts, vellum, and embellishments that were all a camping theme! Unfortunately, I took the package apart to file stuff and did not record the manufacturer (and for some reason it is not printed on the back of any of the elements), nor do I have any idea where it came from. So I decided to pull this stuff out and use it for my camping page...this means very little stamping (only the Title was stamped) and I actually used Stickers (I know, this shocked me as well...I am not usually a sticker person).


Anyway, each strip of photos represents a camping trip: June, July, and August. My husband and I sort of head up a camping group of friends and family and we camp locally once a month throughout the summer. No backwoods camping...just your typical campground with campers, pop-ups, and tents...but it is a nice way to get everyone together to enjoy a relaxing weekend away. The photos are all the same height, but not necessarily the same width...again I just started cutting and figured it out as I went. I matted the top and bottom rows on different patterned paper from the pack and added the campfire and smore stickers with pewter brads (laid out with my ahndy Mat pack...love this thing!) in the empty spaces (had more pictures to show for the July campout). My minor journaling was to add little rounded tabs at the end of each row to share the dates and camping location. Then to give my page a focal point, I picked out a particularly cute picture of my son with his safari hat, matted it, added photo corners, and placed it on top of a vertical strip of patterned paper. The small yellow strip that says "Summer Fun" was from a larger peice of patterned paper that I just cut out and added. I added some more stickers {insert shocked face again!} on the left side of the page...the cute little flies. Lastly I stamped the title and year...mind you I was a little disappointed that I didn't center "Camping" very well, but I had already adhered the paper to the page! Oh well...can't be perfect all of the time...jk!!



The Engineering Details
Stamps - Bold Alphabet and Numbers; Paper - Unkown manufacturer patterned paper (coordinating pack), Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla; Ink - Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Marker; Accessories - Stickers from coordinating paper pack, Pewter brads (SU!), photo corner punch; Supplies - scissors, Mat Pack (SU!), paper piercer

1 comment:

Amy Sheffer said...

Andrea, this is an awesome multi-photo layout! I'm so glad you included the links in your comment on my blog. Thanks for the great layout idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails