Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shining Your Light

If you haven't noticed by now, my girlfriends and I set up a couple of themes for the overnight scrapbooking event that we attended: camping/summer and birthday. I only had one birthday to scrapbook (a post to come), but a lot of camping pictures (and I still have one more page to do of camping!). In this installment of camping pictures, my son discovered his flashlight. It was hilarious to watch him turn it around and try and figure it out...all while in his cute little camping chair!

So since the flashlight was the focus of the page I tried to represent the title in a beam of light from one corner to the other. I got help on this one. Sue from Perfect Cuts (I think she just travels around to events like this and sells stuff already cut and will gladly help you create something) cut this title out on her fancy machine and cutter...no idea what program or anything she was using and he does not have a website (if interested, I can look up her phone number or email...just leave me a comment or drop me an email). Anyway, I described to her what I was thinking and we went from there. $3 later and I had my "beam of light" title! One benefit to scrapbooking events when vendors are there!

I knew I wanted some sparkle to the page as well. So I matted all of the photos on Summer Sun cardstock that had been in embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder (love this stuff!). I also added some Diamond Stickles to the large star at the center of the "O" in the title. Finally, I placed star accents around the page: the black stars are from the Anchored Rub-on pack and the yellow ones are from leftover from the letters being cut-out of the title. That is about it!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - None; Paper - Basic Black, Summer Sun; Ink - Versamark; Accessories - Iridescent Ice Embossing powder, Anchored Rub-ons, Diamond Stickles; Supplies - heat gun

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails