I wanted the flower to be the focal point, but it had to be on the long piece in the sketch. So I made the base Old Olive image full strength and then I randomly stamped around it, but stamped off first. Stamped the same image in Cameo Coral and cut it out to put on top. I painted some Crystal Effects mixed with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on the Cameo Coral flower to give it a touch of sparkle...probably have to see the close-up image to really see it though. I just got the Flower Fusion from Stampin' Up! so I really wanted to use it and it had flowers in there the same shape as my main image. Perfect! Unfortunately, Stampin' Up! does not have white brads yet....why I have no idea...so I created my own by embossing white embossing powder on some silver brads. The ribbon is something I found in a dollar bin at JoAnn's at some point...no idea when though. The only other little touch I added was to rough up the edges of the main panel and the two little panels.
I have to say that I was very pleased with how this turned out...I actually showed it to my husband. Most of the time I don't show him anything, so I must have been excited to show it to him. The color combination was something that I kind of pulled together, but I have a feeling I will use it again...really like it!
The Engineering Details
Stamps - Paint Prints, Wonderful Words; Cardstock - Pink Passion, Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Whisper White; Ink - Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Versamark; Accessories - Flower Fusion Felt Flowers, White embossing powder, silver brads, pink-checked ribbon (JoAnn's), Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter; Supplies - scissors, dimensionals, paintbrush