Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Second Birthday Celebrations


Here is yet another of my scrapbooking pages that I completed during the overnight scrapbooking event...hopefully you are not sick of them yet (one more after this!). I am trying to spread them out some so to not overwhelm you with scrapbook pages.



This one was a page that I was pretty much dreading doing. I didn't have the greatest of pictures and since we celebrated my son's 2nd birthday on two separate days with the different sides of the family, the colors didn't necessarily all match they way I would prefer. But I really liked how it turned out in the end.



Basically I picked up on a couple of bright colors that caught my attention in the photos: Red and Blue. To tame down the patriotic look a little, I added some Chocolate Chip. Since I made him Elmo cupcakes for one of the parties, I decided to borrow a friend's cupcake stamp to add some accents and background. The layout was inspired by some design elements I found in a scrapbooking magazine, but I didn't copy anything directly. I think the rounded corners on the photos was one of the design elements that I found in a magazine, which I proceeded to change to all of the corners in my red square had rounded corners, but the others did not. I am big into creating a focal point on scrapbook pages, hence why the one picture has a white mat behind it...your eye should be drawn there first and then around the page. The center accent cupcake was colored with blender pens and the ink pads and then adhered with a dimensional. The hardware accents (jumbo eyelets and brads) just give the little bit of extra pizzazz to the page. Well that is my insight into my thought process for the page. The little tab next to the focal picture was added last because that area felt too stark...a nice little added detail.



The Engineering Details

Stamps - cupcake (sorry, I have no idea...if curious I can ask my friend to look on the stamp), Quirky Alphabet & Numbers, Everyday Flexible Phrases; Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Brilliant Blue, Real Red; Ink - Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Brilliant Blue; Accessories - Red Gingham ribbon (unknown manufacturer, but bought at JoAnn's), Navy Wide Organdy Ribbon (retired SU!), Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets, Antique Brass Brads; Supplies - Blender Pens, scissors, dimensionals, Mat Pack (SU!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails