Thursday, October 11, 2007

Picking the Perfect Pumpkin!

Two posts in a day! Crazy I know! I have been wanting to post some of the scrapbook pages that I did over the weekend. My friend and I had a great and productive day and a half of scrapbooking.

I really love how this page turned out! It definitely is one of my favorites that I have made. Actually I am pretty excited by all of the pages I did, but this one in particular (you will see the others a little later). They had a little layout contest near the end of the scrapbooking event...best double page layout and best single page layout. I won the Best Single Page layout with this one! If I would have used non-retired stamps, I probably would feel compelled to submit this to a magazine...can you tell I really like how this turned out!

Anyway, I do not have a lot of patterned paper (gasp! for all of you paper people out there), so I created my own with the pumpkin. Stamped it in Night of Navy and then colored in the pumpkins with Watercolor pencils and blender pens. Then I lightly sponged Creamy Caramel over the white spaces. I then attached it to the Old Olive and Certainly Celery layers and "sewed" the hemp twine along the edges. I only have a couple Alphabet sets...need to get a new one...and I am actually learning to like my handwriting.

The Engineering Details: Stamps - Little Layers II (retired), Quirky Alphabet upper and lowercase (retired); Paper - Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Whisper White, Night of Navy Pumpkin Pie; Ink - Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, Old Olive Marker, Pumpkin Pie Marker; Accessories - Hemp Twine; Supplies - Large Tag Punch, Photo Corner Punch, 1/16" Circle Punch

1 comment:

Shannon McGann said...

This is a great page! I thought the paper was patterned - you did a great job with it! I love the layout and colours. TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails