Monday, October 22, 2007

Dunn Family Update and Blog Candy Winner

Hey everyone! Sorry for the absence from posting. I was busy getting ready for a workshop and processing all of the beautiful cards I have been getting for the Dunn Family. I have been completely overwhelmed by the amazing response for a family that you have only read about! The stamping community is truly amazing! As I continue to post all of the cards to SCS (I will post again once I have them all up so you can check them out!), I wanted to share with you a little bit about the response I have gotten. Around 80 people have sent cards, gifts, and prayers. The Dunn Family will be receiving cards and prayers from all over the United States, throughout Canada, England, and even Australia! The power of the Internet at its best! So thank you to all of you for taking the time to send me the cards...I am honored to box them all up and send them to Michael, Alissa, Isaiah, Isabella, and Madeline.

Speaking of the Dunn Family, I would love to share some good news with all of you. Michael and Alissa were able to bring Isabella and Madeline home!! Both girls were eating well enough that they got permission to take them home. The latest tests on the girls showed that the tumors have decreased in size...so the medicine is doing its job...more importantly, the Lord is laying his healing hand on these two baby girls! They are scheduled for their next round of chemotherapy for this coming weekend, I believe...in which they will be readmitted to the hospital while it is administered. So, thank the Lord for the blessing of having the family in one house together, but continue to pray for these two baby girls as they continue to fight the cancer inside of them. Continue to read their inspiring and heartfelt journal entries at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dunntwins.

Now for my Blog Candy for a Cause Winner! As everyone commented about posting about my RAK request on their own blogs, I added their names to a list in Excel. Then as I received the cards in the mail, I added the creator's name to my list. With a total of 163 entries, Random.org selected #110: Gabriella Arriaza (her blog is Confessions of a Stamper)!!! Gabriella, I will be contacting you to ensure I have your correct snail mail and you will be getting the great Blog Candy (which grew even more thanks to more donations...need to get a picture before I send it out). I hope that you like all of the goodies!

Once again...Thank you, Thank you for supporting my RAK request! I could not be more grateful!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got such a great response! Those cuties deserve it. I have been reading their daily journals...their story is so inspiring and uplifting. You are such a sweetheart for collecting all these cards for them!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gabriella! And thank you again Andrea for doing this!

Gabby said...

OMG Andrea...I won? I just read my email of your comment on my blog and I almost feel off my chair! I've never won anything...not even a t-shirt! Most importantly though is the great responses this strong family got. I read about the girls WONDERFUL update and I nearly cried as I held my youngest. I don't know if I would be that strong. The power of prayer...not everyone believes, but I'll be danged if I'm one who doesn't. Anywho...thanks so much for posting this great cause and being able to be part of it. HUGS! ~Gabby

Fe-Fe said...

So glad to hear the girls are doing well. I think about them every day and hope they get well soon. I'm glad you got such a wonderful response, it's a wonderful thing you have done.

Fe x

Related Posts with Thumbnails