Monday, October 1, 2007

A Christmas Planner

I wanted to show off the gifts that I gave my Stamp Camp attendees. I was pretty proud of them, even though they took a bit longer than I expected!

I wish I could take credit for these great planners, but alas I CASEd the idea from a variety of sources. Deb from Blue Moon Stamping made a planner (I think one of the first ones) for a more general purpose, while Jan from Stamp, Paper, Scissors and Shannon from Stamp Till You Cramp made Holiday ones. I picked up stuff from all and created my version. The titles I used are Cards, Receipts, Gifts, and Misc.

Basically take a plain white folder and open it up. Fold the left and ride sides into the center and crease tightly. Reverse the middle fold and you have yourself a little book with pockets.

I only have so much patterned paper, so I used the retired snowflake from Little Layers II to decorate 4 different colors of cardstock along with one of the backgrounds from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. These were then accented with gold brads. Nothing fancy, but I like how it turned out....this is probably where having patterned paper would make things faster! Oh well!
I grabbed a cool font from Simply the Best Fonts website (free!) and made a couple of lists and a little calendar to include in my Christmas Planner. I create mine in Excel to make sure it was formatted the way I wanted it, but the same could be made in Word or something.
Want to know how to get one of these for yourself?? Stay tuned in the next few days! I am going to be announcing a special blog candy that will hopefully uplift some special people during a hard time.
The Engineering Details: Stamps - Little Layers II, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Quirky Alphabet Lower; Cardstock - Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Whisper White; Ink - Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue, Whisper White Craft; Accessories - Gold Eyelets, Light Blue Wide Organdy Ribbon (Joann's), Sparkly White ribbon (no idea where it is from); Supplies - White folder, envelope, Crop-A-Dile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great project! Thanks for adding me to the sites you link to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails