Saturday, October 22, 2011

What an Accomplishment

Last weekend my husband ran a Half Marathon as part of the Detroit Marathon.  I am always inspired by how many people get out there and run 13.1 miles (or the even crazier people running the 26.2 miles).  I walked a half marathon last year and no matter how you look at it, it is a huge accomplishment.


This card is not at all related to that beyond the "Accomplishment" part.  I obviously did not give this to my husband, but it would be perfect for a young or teenage girl whom may have made a small of large accomplishment.  


The School Girl Fairy is from Paper Makeup Stamps...there is a matching School Boy Fairy too!  I stamped her in Chocolate Chip ink on some pattern paper from Basic Grey that looks like notepaper.  I did some very fancy crumpling (haha), binder punch the edge, and then went over the image with a aquabrush to bleed the image.  Then I colored in portions of the image with some chalks.  I think it is a pretty cool look!


Well I hope that you can accomplish something today (big or small)!  I cheer for just checking something off of my To Do List (which is enormous right now as we prepare for a trip without children!!).  Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - School Girl Fairy, What an Accomplishment Sentiment (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Rose Red, Garden Green (SU!), White Basics Paper Pad (Basic Grey), Other Pattern Paper (Basic Grey); Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!); Accessories - Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Binding Edge Punch (EK Success), Hemp Twine, aquabrush, Stampin' Pastels (SU!), dimensionals

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails