Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bewitched & Belated

So you would think that someone such as myself that makes cards a lot would always be on time in sending said cards.  Well...that would be wrong! I am notoriously late in sending cards...I have no idea why.  I have the cards...sometimes the cards I make are for a specific person...so why is it that they cannot make it in an envelope and out to the mailbox?  It is truly one of life's mysteries!


So this sentiment and witch from Hambo Stamps spoke to me!  See now I can have a Halloween type card for a belated birthday sometime in October...that is that I am not so late that I am into November!  The witch is called Witch's Brew and the sentiment is called Bewitched.  I watercolored the witch and gave her concoction and her hair a great sparkle with some orange stickles (you can see it better in the detail shot).


The layout for the card comes from the SCS Sketch Challenge #354 and the color choices fit in perfectly for the Hambo Hoedown Challenge #37 which was introduced today!  Make sure to check out the Hoedown and play along so you can get the next free digi!!


Now it is time to be off getting dinner ready for the night's activities.  Having children is exhausting sometimes trying to keep up with everything...but it is a good exhausting!  Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Witch's Brew, Bewitched (Hambo Stamps); Paper - Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie, Cast-a-Spell (SU!), watercolor paper; Ink - Perfect Plum, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Crumb Cake (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black, Momento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Accessories - Corner Rounder Punch (SU!), Edge Punch (Friskars), Orange Stickles (Ranger), Sparkle Black Ribbon (JoAnns), Sparkle Black Faux Brads (Recollections), dimensionals, aquabrush

9 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Your dilemma is the same as mine...bewitching! I do the same thing. I have boxes of cards, but they never make it to the mailbox on time! Sigh....

Love your Halloween card! Very cool image and very colorful! Keep on truckin' GF!!

Judy Rozema said...

Andrea, this is so awesome! I LOVE this!!!

Hambo Hoedown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica Hunter said...

Wow, what awesome coloring on this one! I love the sparkle on it too. What a fun belated card to send! :)

Karin said...

What a spectacular layout! Love that witch too :)

Steph Herbert said...

Adorable card! I am always late in sending them too! For me that might just be a Christmas card! LOL! :)

She's a Color Queen said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown!

She's a Color Queen said...

This is really cute! Love the witch

Emily's World said...

I loved your card so much! I created a card inspired by your design.

Related Posts with Thumbnails