Wednesday, October 5, 2011

If a Monster Could Hoedown


Are you ready for a Hoedown?  I can't say I have ever been to one.  I have done some line dancing way back when, but that is a bit off topic!  I am not sure what happens at a real hoedown but at a Hambo Hoedown, Hambo Stamps throws out a challenge, you create a card (or project) within the challenge requirements using a Hambo image, link it up to the Hambo Hoedown post, email Hambo Stamps a photo of the card (important step), and they will send you a FREE digi just for participating!  How cool is that?!


So this week challenge is to create a project with an item that begins with the letter of your first name.  The design team was also given Flower Monster to work with as well (he is the freebie this week...or was it last week...I am new here remember?!).  I love, love this monster...so cute and there are two sentiments that go with him!  So I created my card based on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #128 (which is revisiting an older sketch #7).  


Since my name is Andrea, I had to come up with an "A" item to put on my card...which I will admit I nearly forgot about!!  So "A" is kind of hard...I finally came up with Alphabet Stickers!  So I replaced the "If" in the sentiment with a giant "if".  My monster was watercolored with ink pads and an aquabrush.


So make sure to check out all of the details over at Hambo Hoedown and get creating!  Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!




The Engineering Details
Stamps - Flower Monster Digi (Hambo Stamps); Paper - Dot Paper (Bo Bunny), Bunches (Fancy Pants Designs), Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy (SU!), watercolor paper; Ink - Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Accessories - white taffeta ribbon (SU!), Black Vinyl Alpha Stickers (Thickers), Corner Rounder Punch (SU!), Rain Dots (Cloud 9 Design), dimensionals, aquabrush

10 comments:

Karin said...

This is simply adorable! I love your creative choice of Alphabet stickers and you rocked the sketch too!

Judy Rozema said...

I love the big alpha stickers!! A perfect challenge card and debut card! We are so glad to have you on the team, Andrea!

Whimsey said...

Soooooooo cute; LOVE those alpha stickers; they look fabulous!

GREAT colors; great take on the sketch! Brilliant!

Hugs,
Michele

Steph Herbert said...

Fantastic watercoloring! Your card is adorable! I love the big "if"! :)

She's a Color Queen said...

This is so cute! What a great idea on the big stickers, I need to swip that idea!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Monica Hunter said...

Very creative way to incorporate the "a" item! I love everything about your card! :)

The Paper Parade said...

Andrea, I love it! And how creative that you used "A"lphabet stickers ;) Now wonder you call yourself a crafty engineer ;) I love your color choices, too!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Andrea. Love that monster image and the watercoloring. The alphabet sticker and the brad stickers look great! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Sincerely, Ree said...

SO CUTE! I like your mix of pp.

Unknown said...

The alpha stickers make the whole card. It's great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails