Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Rainbow

Happy St. Patty's Day all! I have my green on today...do you? My son went to school this morning hoping that one of the Kindergarten Leprechaun traps (which was definitely a more parent intensive project!) caught a Leprechaun! Excited to hear what he finds at school when I pick him up. We made some cute little shamrock treats for dessert last night cuz tonight the kids and I eat early due to my son's gymnastics.

Anyway, I am not one to send St. Patty day cards, but I thought this rainbow theme went well with today! Personally I like the cupcake better than the card, so I am showing it first! I made these last year for a Rainbow Party at my son's preschool class. Isn't it awesome! I found the directions in a couple of spots: Family Fun and The Idea Room (she did a Rainbow cake). It was time consuming, but to bite into one of these is so fun with all of those colors!!

The card I made last year as well (obviously forgot to post everything) for a submission to Paper Crafts magazine. A fun card, but I think there is too many clouds or something! And since it was so long ago, no supply list for that one, but I think you can pretty much figure it out.

Well here's hoping for a lucky day (in other words my daughter's cold magically disappears, I somehow get a nap, and my cupcake and cake decorating goes well tonight...oh and that my son caught a Leprechaun...hehe)! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

3 comments:

Carma said...

What fun!! And may you find a pot of gold at the end of that GORGEOUS rainbow!

Cheryl said...

I love your rainbow card! It made me smile!

carole said...

Thank you for sharing the photos and the web sites. It looks like a lot of work but so worth it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails