Sunday, February 27, 2011

Yum


Coming at you with the 5th installment from my scrapbooking weekend. As I write these posts, it reminds me that I need to get the next scrapbooking session set-up. It felt so good to do these pages!

This one is one of the ones I really liked...even if there is a bit of an oops on the page. Don't worry I will tell you what it is...can't tell from a distance, only if you read everything! Anyway the layout is again from Page Maps...did I mention how much I LOVE the sketches there! They definitely help me get much better designs out of my scrapbook pages...my earlier pages just look kind of plain to me now...not that I don't love them too, but I just didn't seem to be very creative with my layouts! This sketch is one that I used before (seen HERE)...so you can see how you can get different looks with one sketch!

The baby food jar images are from an old Stampin' Up! set which the name totally escapes me. So when my kids were each infants, I was pretty diligent with recording firsts and such in a calendar, so I actually had written down the day that she tried each new food. Since the journaling area couldn't contain all of that information (and I wasn't going to scrapbook each new food, nor did I take pictures!) I wrote around the outside edges of the pictures the food and date. You can see it better in the detail shot. So here comes my oops...I started just above the single carrots baby food jar on the left side and continued clock-wise around the pictures. Well I ran out of room...so I had to jump down to below the single carrots food jar to get them all in. Why I didn't start down there in the first place I have no idea. So the oops is that if you were to start down there like I should have done, the foods will not be chronological...not a big deal for many, but my engineering mind is bugged by this!

I have started working on the March Release for Paper Makeup Stamps...super cute...can't wait to share with you...but you will have to wait until March 4th on the PMS Blog (March 5th for my first sneak peek). Will be back with some more scrapbooking too, but thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Unknown Baby Set (SU!); Paper - Banbury DSP, Certainly Celery, Whisper White (SU!); Ink - Dusty Durango, Lovely Lilac marker, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke marker (SU!); Accessories - Sprinkles Thickers Letter Stickers (American Crafts), scissors, dimensionals


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails