Saturday, September 11, 2010

Reviewing the Moments


Happy Saturday to you all! Today our family has another first...my son has his first soccer game. We have taken a soccer class before, but this is much more official with uniforms and stuff. Still not real confident that soccer will suit him...he currently (and had been for awhile) is in gymnastics which is more of an individual sport...soccer he has to get a little bit more "in there"...you know what I mean? So it should be interesting nonetheless!

Today is the final Review day for the Paper Makeup Stamps September Release. I truly did love this release and I was very excited to ink up Bubbles the Duck. Isn't he just the cutest?! He just looks like the carefree type taking his time to "enjoy the little moments"! I used the current sketch from Sketch Saturday for my layout. So I stamped him first on my base white cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink and then on a couple colors of pattern paper. I sponged Blush Blossom on my white piece with my Nestie still in place. Then I sponged a little Chocolate Chip around the outer edge as well. Bubbles was paper pieced together and given a fluffy tummy with some white Fluff. Only thing I wish I would have done was to paper piece some white cardstock on his belly so that it would be more white...the Fluff wasn't as opaque as I was hoping it would be! I also added a little white gel pen to his collar and the bubbles themselves.

The greeting comes from the fabulous Little Moments set released this month...simply stamped in Chocolate Chip ink in the corner. I just used strips of the pattern paper sponged with Chocolate Chip to get all of my layers in there. The final touch was the Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button that has a white button brad going through the button holes and some more white button brads off to the side.

Make sure to check out the other beautiful creations by the rest of the team by visiting the PMS Blog. And don't forget to take some time to participate in the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge and the Release Party Challenges...how can you pass up the chance for FREE stamps!! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Bubbles the Duck, Little Moments (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Basic White (Papertrey Ink), Kitchen Spice Allspice, Ocean Dot, Buttercup Dot (BoBunny); Ink - Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom (SU!); Accessories - Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button (SU!), White Button Brads (Making Memories), Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), White Fluff, dimensionals, sponges, scissors



4 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

so cute! I just ADORE this card! That fuzzy tummy is the BEST idea ever!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Carma said...

I love the paper piecing! Bubbles is such a cutie.

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute tfs!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails