Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cheers


Can I just say...I hate being sick! I have been sick now with a lovely cold for 5-6 days now and I am now in the cough-up-a-lung stage. I have been going to bed super early (which is totally NOT like me...I tend to like to stay up far too late because I enjoy my "me" time) and trying to take it easy because I am suppose to be walking a half marathon on Saturday! Would be helpful to not be coughing to do so! So here is to me getting enough rest in before then!

And since I have been going to bed so early, I have not been getting any stamping time...at all! This does not make me happy in the least. So hopefully with better health will come some stamping time, but again I can't push it until after my race on Saturday! So today I just have for you a card that I made that I sent in as a Paper Crafts submission and it was not accepted. But I still love this card! It was based on a sketch that they provided (shown below)...which was a totally intimidating sketch with all of those triangles. So I looked at them as banner flags and pulled out my Maya Fairy by Paper Makeup Stamps, whom I think has a pretty good cheerleader pose going on. She was stamped in Black Stazon on my white base cardstock and then on several pieces of pattern paper from the Green at Heart Paper Pad by Basic Grey. I then paper pieced her together (even her cheeks!), colored her lips, and added some white gel pen accents.

My banner flags were cut from the same paper pad and I stuck a gold shimmer letter sticker on each one. Who wouldn't want a Cheers to them?! Finished it off with a scalloped strip and a white ribbon and bow...oh and of course some sparkle to the fairy's wings!

Off to get some more rest! Send healthy thoughts my way and hope that I can get through my 13.1 miles on Saturday!! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!









The Engineering Details
Stamps - Maya Fairy (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Basic White (Papertrey Ink), Green at Heart Paper Pad (Basic Grey); Ink - Black Stazon, Melon Mambo marker (SU!); Accessories - white gel pen, Stardust Stickles, Gold Shimmer Alpha Stickers (Making Memories), Scallop Edge Punch (SU!), white taffeta ribbon (SU!)

2 comments:

Carma said...

Love all the paper piecing! I especially hate the coughing phase. I hope you feel better really soon!!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE paper piecing and this image looks fabulous pieced!!! Awesome, awesome job girl!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails