Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blasting Off

It is definitely turning out to be Fall around here. As I sit at my laptop computer (on my dining room table), I can see our gigantic tree in the backyard is starting to change colors. It is funny, I love Fall and all of the color changes, so I love seeing our big tree change colors, but then instantly the little voice in my head reminds me that it means that all of those leaves will be coming down in a bit...ugh! The only part of Fall I do not like...raking leaves, raking leaves, and raking some more leaves! Seriously this is a humongous tree!! Oh well I will try and enjoy the color and the first couple of rakings where I can bury the kids...it is the rakings after the fun has expired that I dread!

So this card was suppose to be posted on Tuesday, but for some reason I completely forgot. Tuesday was my last day as a Guest Designer for Sweet n' Sassy Stamps! It was so much fun breaking out my Sweet n' Sassy images every week during the month of September. I finished off my guest designing stint with the rocket from Little Boy Toys...love this rocket! I used the latest Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #75 for my layout and went with a bold color scheme. I found this Night Sky pattern paper in my stash and built everything around that. The rocket was stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black ink and watercolored with an aquabrush and ink pads. I colored in other parts of the rocket with a silver gel pen. The image was cut out with an oval nestabilities and my background panels were cut with the Labels 14 dies. Some sparkly ribbon and some black rhinestones finished it off. Did I add too much sparkle/bling for a boy's card?! I am still planning it for a boy, so I hope not!

Check back tomorrow for the latest Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge. Until then, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Little Boy Toys (Sweet n' Sassy Stamps); Paper - Real Red, Summer Sun (SU!), Night Sky (Jill's Paper Doll World Scenemakers Background), watercolor paper; Ink - Night of Navy, Real Red marker, Summer Sun marker (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Accessories - Silver Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura), Black Rhinestones (Darice), Black Sparkle Ribbon (JoAnn's), Oval Nestabilities, Labels 14 (Spellbinders), Paper Piercer, Mat Stack (SU!), dimensionals

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a cute card Andrea!
Thanks for joining us again this week at The Sweet Stop!

dstandard said...

Such a cute boys card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Michelle VP said...

What a fun use of the sketch! And it's not sparkly, it's metallic. Boys love metallic colors. :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Super fun boys card Andrea! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Related Posts with Thumbnails