Monday, September 27, 2010

The Multi Challenge Duck

All I can say is seriously?! That was done in my best Grey's Anatomy manner (do they still say that on the show?)...I swear I always said "seriously" before the show came on, but I may have been influenced by it too! Anyway, remember how I got a cold right before my half marathon...well low and behold here I am with another one. Got it before I think I was truly done with the first one. Ugh! Seriously?! Here's hoping I can finally get healthy and stay that way for a little bit!

So since I was under the weather again, I was slacking quite a bit last week. I totally meant to do the Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge #43 on time, but I missed it! So here I am trying to makeup for it. So attempting to use the M4TW Challenge #34 as my inspiration and the latest Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #129, I created this adorable card with Bubbles the Duck by Paper Makeup Stamps. Still love that little duck!

I am going to admit when I used the term inspiration, I mean it very loosely! Basically I took the colors (even that is a bit weak) from the inspiration picture. But the pic shows wind blowing and Bubbles is blowing bubbles...both wind...ok I know I am stretching a bit here. Oh well! Anyway, Bubbles was stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black on watercolor paper and watercolored with an aquabrush and ink pads. I colored the bubbles (notice the ones at the bottom of the card too) with the Clear Stars Gelly Roll pen. The paper is from the Green at Heart paper pad by Basic Grey.

So now that I am catching up, I will be getting my October Release stuff for Paper Makeup Stamps ready...that will be coming up soon, so stay tuned! Don't forget that if you participate in the Makeup 4 the Weekend #34 with Paper Makeup Stamps, you could win a free single stamp of your choice...so get crackin'! Until then, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Bubbles the Duck, Cutie Critter Sayings (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - More Mustard, Really Rust, Green Galore (SU!), Green at Heart Paper Pad (Basic Grey), watercolor paper; Ink - More Mustard, Really Rust (SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko); Accessories - Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scallop Border Punch (SU!), paper piercer, Mat Stack (SU!), Clear Stars Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura), dimensionals

2 comments:

Christi said...

That duck is so perfect for this challenge...well executed! Just a darling card!!! I hope that you are feeling better soon, Andrea! smiles...

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Your card is too adorable Andrea!!! What a sweet little duck! Perfect for the challenge! I hope you're feeling better {hugs}!

Related Posts with Thumbnails