Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sweet Stop Furry Lion


Well I am having a very busy week...hence my absence from anything stamping related! I am actually lucky that I am getting this post set up! My baby boy turned 5 on Friday! How can that be? I swear it was just yesterday that he was born! Hard to believe it. So as you read this, I am entertaining 12 four and five year olds in my house for his party. It should be pretty fun. We went with a Ninja Warrior theme...anyone else watch that show? I will explain more later and post pics of all.

So this week's Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #48 was used to make my son his birthday card. This week you get to break out your flock because there is a fuzzy wuzzy spin to the sketch! I turned the sketch immediately because I planned on using my lion from the Stampin' Up! set Wild About You...it fits better in landscape than in portrait orientation. The lion was stamped twice...once in pumpkin pie and once with the mane being More Mustard. I added brown flock to the mane and popped up his head over my base lion. The rest of the card was kept simple as it is for a 5 year old boy! And due to my major time constraints as I write this (trying to get ready for the party), I am not going to go into anymore detail. Let me know if there are any questions.

Now go check out the creations by the other Sugar Babies: Ann, Audrey, Candace, Jodi, Julie, Lisa, Nancy, Nicole, Renata, and the Sugar Mama, Korin. Better yet make a card with the sketch yourself and link it up to the Sweet Stop blog...we would love to see it! Have a great weekend and thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Wild ABout You (SU!); Paper - Bordering Blue, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard (SU!), pattern paper (Basic Grey); Ink - Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Basic Black; Accessories - Bordering Blue eyelets, hemp twine, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Deckle Scissors, Crop-a-Dile, Button (unknown), dimensionals

5 comments:

Nicole said...

ANDREA girlie! Look at you and me turning that sketch sideways! HEEHEE! Love your card, I always want to copy that wrapping of twine, like you do, then forget!

Great detail with that!

Hugs girlie! I will miss working with you at The Sweet Stop!! Just one more week! AW! We're gonna have to talk more on FB!! HA!

Hugs, lady! Nicole

jjcreations said...

Oh I love this card - the colours are wonderful and I especially love the texture you added to the lion's mane!!!

Unknown said...

What a great card!! Love all the wonderful details! :)

Jo said...

Love that mane!!! So cute.

Kathy said...

Love this card so adorable and the lions mane looks so fantastic!! Great blog too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails