Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mojo Love Birds

I am getting a dose of single-parenthood and let me tell ya...kinda sucks! I really feel for all of the single parents out there. I truly don't know how you do it! Oh and let me clarify, all is good...my husband just has a huge thing going on at work and he is working very long hours and weekends. I will look forward to this being over!

Anyway, I got a chance to participate in the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #128...I miss these sketches when I don't get a chance to do them! This one was a tougher one, but I always love a challenge, so I gave it a try! I needed a wedding card, so I pulled out the Anniversary Birds set from Verve Stamps. The couples wedding colors (as gleaned from their invitations) is a teal color. So I found a teal based patterned paper from my Sunshine Pad and found that Taken with Teal was my closest (not exact) match. Each bird was stamped in Taken with Teal...funny sidebar, I cannot find one of the birds for the life of me! That is the only problem I have with clear stamps, I put them down and then they get stuck to something else. So I am hoping that it turns up soon!...and then I added some silver wire to the birds for tails and legs. They were mounted on a circle that I outlined with a rhinestone circle.

The ribbon is some that I picked up in the $1 aisle (although they were like $2.50 instead) at JoAnn's around Halloween time. I glued a heart cardstock to the back of some of the ribbon and cut out the ribbon around it to add my heart about the birds. I liked how that helped tie the ribbon into the card a little better.

Here's to hoping I can get some quality stamping time in the weekend...in other words, the husband doesn't have to work too much!! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!





The Engineering Details
Stamps - Anniversary Birds (Verve Stamps); Paper - Taken with Teal (SU!), Basic White (PTI), Sunshine Pattern Paper Pad (Me & My Big Ideas); Ink - Taken with Teal, Versamark; Accessories - silver wire, Sparkle Black ribbon (JoAnn's), Silver embossing Powder, Rhinestone Circle Sticker (Best Occasions), dimensionals

4 comments:

Stampin Lucy said...

what a sweet card. I love the color combo. Hang in there, your single parenting will come to an end =} I get this every spring when my hubby's season keeps him out until 8 all week long and weekends. So, if this happens again would love to chat with someone who knows how hard it is.....

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

I'm lovin' this card! I love the birds, I love the color choices, and I love how you incorporated the bling around the circle.

MelissaS said...

I love your little love birds! Great colors :)
I hear you on the single parent front - my dh has been traveling every other week or so lately for up to 5 days at a stretch! My kids are 6 years and 6 months, and it's HARD. I admire all those true single parents :)

Jo said...

Wow I love all that bling and the wire is just inspired! Gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails