Thursday, March 11, 2010

Olympic Biathlon


Still in single-parenthood. Really looking forward to it being over and the grandparents coming back! I have definitely had my good and bad days. Those bad days are really tough. But we will get through it...just need to keep praying for patience!

This card is going back a little bit. I made this card for the Mini Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on SplitCoast Stampers. The challenge (FEBVSNMINI4) was to use the chalkboard technique...I won GOLD! The hostesses picked top three cards (medal winners) for each challenge and mine was picked for Gold. So exciting! Anyway, I stamped the flower from Heartfelt Thanks in Whisper White Craft ink and pounced Stampin' Pastels over top. Once I was done and it dried, I wiped it with a Swiffer cloth and the background was cleaned up beautifully! The ribbon is from Wal-Mart and the half pearls are some old ones that I had.

Check out the card my friend made for the same challenge below. Fantastic huh?! Make sure to come back on Saturday for the next Sweet Stop Challenge! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Heartfelt Thanks; Paper - Pumpkin Pie, Mellow Moss, Melon Mambo, Basic Black; Ink - Whisper White Craft; Accessories - Stampin' Pastels, Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Polka Dot Black Ribbon (Offray), Half Pearls (unknown), dimensionals

2 comments:

MelissaS said...

that is gorgeous! I love the ribbon, and will have to try that chalk technique :)

Hang in there with the single parenting. It will only make you stronger! (and just peek at the little faces after they've gone to sleep at night, so peaceful it wipes away the stress of the day)

jjcreations said...

Wow, I never thought of doing this technique with this stamp! It works wonderfully!! Thanks for this inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails