Monday, March 1, 2010

Red Mittens

Good Monday morning to you all! It is only lunch time and the day has been interesting already! The daughter woke-up happy but early...you know what that means. Yup, cranky city! So lots of crying and difficulty this morning. But then I come home from grocery shopping to find a very sweet surprise...this card was one of the winners of the Paper Crafts February Gallery Challenge! Holy cow! That brightened my day a little bit!

I made this card about a month ago during the Mini VSN (Virtual Stamp Night) on Splitcoast Stampers. My friend Stephanie (her card is below) joined me for a fun filled stamping evening. This was for the Red Mittens Challenge where we were to use a Red and White color combo and incorprate yarn in honor of the Red Mitten worn during the 2010 Winter Olympics.


Since this was before Valentine's Day, I decided to make mine a Valentine's Day card. This heart is from a long retired Stampin' Up! set called Love Always. But I so love the heart, so I cannot part with it! The heart stamp has the word LOVE already on it (you can see that in Stephanie's card below)...I just glued my yarn over top of the word. The yarn completely covered the word, so it almost looks like I am super crafty and made an embellishment on my own...oh well just crafty to think to put the yarn there I guess! The cut strip behind it is the Spellbinder's Lattice Borderabilities Petite. The rest of the card was kept simple mainly due to the 45 minute time constraint that you are to honor during the VSN....just goes to prove that "winning" cards don't have to take a ton of time...a lesson I really should remember more often!

Well that is really it for me...still can't believe it got picked! Anyway, check out Steph's card too for the same challenge and thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Love Always (retired SU!); Paper - Real Red, Whisper White; Ink - Real Red; Accessories - White yarn, Lattice Borderabilities Petite (Spellbinders), scissors, dimensionals

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Oh, thanks for your quick response. I just emailed you this morning requesting you blog about this card, and *poof* there it is! Ain't technology grand.

So pretty...I'm scouring the internet now for this heart stamp.

Deborah Young said...

Andrea, this is gorgeous! Of course you deserve to win...congratulations!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails