Thursday, June 25, 2009

Workshop Cards

I haven't gotten to much stamping yet this week. I finally got my daughter's 1st birthday thank yous done and mailed out, so that felt good. I was waiting to send them until I had her 12 month pictures to include in them...well silly me never took the time to put them together prior. So when I finally got the pictures back, I still had to make them, write in them, and include the pictures. Oh well, all done now, so hopefully I can get some stamping in. I believe my SU! order is coming tomorrow, so maybe it will be with new stuff...yippee!!

So last week I tried my first Mystery Hostess Workshop. It didn't go over as well as I had hoped it would, but I have not given up on it completely...yet. I figure I will try it one more time. The good news was that I didn't need to buy my entire quarterly minimum to remain active...just some of it. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. These are the two Make-n-takes that I had the ladies do. The first one was mainly the puffy box in which the directions I found on SCS. A cute little box that wasn't too terribly difficult to make. We stamped a full 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock though, so I decided to cut up some of the leftover from the box to make a matching square card. I thought it turned out nice and I loved the color combo: Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant, and Cameo Coral.


The second card that they made was meant to teach them how to watercolor with SU! markers (a new found love of mine!). The ladies loved the technique of watercoloring! Too bad I am a sucky demonstrator sometimes and used a set that I believe has been retired since January! What was I thinking?! Seriously I feel like I missed the whole 2009 Spring/Summer Catalog. I totally thought the Summer by the Sea set was just on the Dormant list, but when one of the ladies actually was interested in buying it, I quickly found it nowhere and realized it must have retired prior to that catalog. Bad demonstrator, bad! Oh well...I love this set, so it will not leave my collection, but it does now have one of my bright dot stickers on it to remind me that it is indeed retired!

Both cards are very basic, so nothing much to say about them. Hoping to get the current Mojo sketch done this week...we will see. OH did I tell you....I WON! OK it was a random draw, but I still WON! Verve Stamps was doing a Guy themed Project Parade and all you had to do was link a guy themed project of your own. So I did and myself and another blogger (in a crazy coincidence I "met" her the day before) won a Verve Stamp Set. I love Verve Stamps so I am excited to choose the one I want. Thanks for stopping by my engineering world!

The Engineering Details - Puffy Box & Card
Stamps - Eastern Blooms, Upsy Daisy; Paper - Glossy White Cardstock, Cameo Coral, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive; Ink - Cameo Coral, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Whisper White Craft; Accessories - Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

The Engineering Details - Watercolor Boat Card
Stamps - Summer by the Sea; Paper - Watercolor Paper (Walmart), Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Ballet Blue, Ruby Red; Ink - Black Stazon, Close to Cocoa Marker, Creamy Caramel Marker, Ballet Blue Marker, Ruby Red Marker; Accessories - Watercolor paintbrush, Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

2 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW, girl, I love these cards, they are supah! If I CASE them I will link you to them! ;o)

Hugs & THANKS!
Nicole

Nicole said...

I did CASE this card at top and hooked you up to it! Hope you find it worthy!!

Hugs, Nicole

Related Posts with Thumbnails