Thursday, June 18, 2009

Simple Father's Day


My local customers have already seen this as I have a class for it on Friday night! But I thought I would share here as well. It is a simple photo holder that I altered and a matching card. I simply took a photo holder from JoAnns (2 for $5 bins), popped off the embellishments they had glued on, sanded it down, and adhered some DSP to the sides. This is using the To the Nines DSP from Stampin' Up!. Then I used some chipboard and corduroy button (why have I lived so long without these...they are awesome!) to decorate one side of it. Pretty simple, but I think with a pic of the kids, will make a nice decoration on his desk at work (or at home!).

For the matching card, I just took strips of the same DSP, the punched out chipboard star, and a corduroy brad to get a complete card. Like I said, very simple, but it works!

Sorry not much else to say today...feeling kind of yucky...not a cold, just my body adjusting to post-breastfeeding life (yup, my baby girl is officially weaned!)...way too much information! Sorry about that!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Everyday Flexible Phrases; Paper - To the Nines DSP, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip; Ink - Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip; Accessories - On Board Essentials Chipboard, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons and Brads, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card and photo holder. I like how you altered the photo holder.

Rebecca Ednie said...

Mentioning breastfeeding is not too much information! Good for you! I consider every mother who sticks with breastfeeding to be a small triumph! I am still nursing my 25 month old. I am sticking with it because he just won't be a baby anymore once he weans!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! I just love this. Beautiful colors and a fun little project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails