Thursday, June 18, 2009

Branch Out Father

Did Father's Day kind of creep up on you like it did to me! I feel so behind! I usually like to do something special for my husband from the kids, but I am running out of time! I have one idea that I have seen online that I plan to do, but man I feel really unprepared! Oh well. I did at least remember to get my Father's Day card out to my Dad in time though...in fact it may be a little early...yea me!

So this is my Dad's Father's Day Card. I used the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #91 for this. I love the Branch Out set...something about that tree that just brings peace to my heart. I chose to pull out some of the patterned paper from the To the Nines Collection. The tree was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and the leaves were generation stamped in Always Artichoke. To give the card a little extra pizzazz, I added the little birdhouse in Only Orange (not a color I use very often). I really like the bright color that the little bit of orange added to the feel of the card because the To the Nines DSP is a little subdued. Then of course to make that birdhouse a little more of a focal point, I added a nice white dot at the opening with my white gel pen and some Orange Peel Stickles. The distressed edges give it that manly feel even though it has sparkle and ribbon...well at least that is how I justified getting sparkle and ribbon on a guy card! :) The last thing I added was the orange and white striped brads that I happen to have on hand. They are K&Company brand bought awhile ago.
Well that is all for me...I need to get a little better prepared for my stamping event Friday night. Thanks for stopping by my engineering world!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Branch Out, All Year Cheer II; Paper - To the Nines DSP, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Only Orange; Ink - Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Only Orange; Accessories - Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Orange Peel Stickles, White Gel Pen, Brads (K&Company), dimensionals

2 comments:

Steph said...

Great card, I love the detail on the birdhouse. Who says a guy can't have a little glitter. lol. I really like the orange it really makes the card pop:)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous. Love the colors and distressing. Thanks for playing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails