Sunday, May 18, 2008

Whoa Nelly & a Late Mojo Sketch

This will be a somewhat quick post, as my computer is being very slow and therefore very frustrating! Trying to run a disk cleanup, so hopefully that speeds things up once it is done.

Anyway, I am late in posting my take on the Mojo Monday 37 Sketch Challenge. I made the card for some dear friends 6th Anniversary...Happy Anniversary Eric & Stephanie! As usual, I didn't get them the card until their anniversary had past, but I was only 2 days late. That is actually pretty good for me!

I am really trying to use patterned paper...I think I have mentioned I am pattern paper challenged...so I am pushing myself to use it so I can get used to it and hopefully get better! I like how this card turned out. Fairly basic: the flower was colored with pastels and a Q-tip, I used a white gel pen to add white dots along the edges of the Taken with Teal cardstock to mimic the pattern that was in the Bali Breeze DSP. Beyond that, I just added some antique gold brads and ta-da, a beautiful anniversary card.

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Doodle This, Everyday Flexible Phrases; Paper - Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Whisper White, Bali Breeze DSP; Ink - Taken with Teal, Basic Black; Accessories - Stampin' Pastels, Q-tips, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Antique Gold brads, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

Now on to the Whoa Nelly part of my post! I had my 36 week appt on Wednesday last week, and the doctor surprised me with the information that I am already 2-3 cm dilated and 60% effaced! Whoa Nelly! Things seem to be progressing along too...won't give you any details...but I have a feeling that Baby girl may be coming this week! Needless to say after that news, I have been frantically getting stuff ready for her arrival and getting my pre-baby checklist completed! Wow...still in shock a little! I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty. I love the papers and the white dots. Thanks for playing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails