Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gettin' My Verve On

I once again tried out Julie's from Poetic Artistry Mojo Sketch Challenge. This week it is a contest in hopes of winning one of the awesome Verve Visual stamp sets (which I have been coveting for some time, just haven't created an excuse to buy!). I needed Mother's Day cards, of course, so I decided to use her sketch for those cards...by the way, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all of the Mommies out there! (I am having a great Mother's Day...my husband has been entertaining my son all day, so I have been able to stamp and blog my little heart out!)

I think I like the first card the best out of the two. Both like I said use Julie's sketch, but the first one stayed completely true to the sketch...the other one deviated just a tad. Anyway, as you can see I actually used patterned paper! I swear I am such a patterned paper novice...I have a hard time figuring out how to use it. I am actually quite pleased with myself for using it.
The close-up shot show the cool sparkles on the card. My son even commented on the "pretty sparkles". It really made the flower stand out beautifully!
The Engineering Details
Stamp Sets - Heartfelt Thanks, By Definition (retired), Happy Everything; Paper - Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, Bali Breeze DSP; Ink - Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Craft White, Always Artichoke Marker; Accessories - Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Chocolate 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon (retired), Mat Pack, sponge, dimensionals, Crystal Stickles
This is the second card. This one turned out nice as well...it just deviated from the sketch just a little (does it still qualify, Julie??). Terrific Tulips is one of those sets that I will love forever and will never get rid of! My husband's grandma really likes pink, so I wanted the card to be pretty and pink for her...I think I accomplished that! I really like how I framed the tulip image in both the Pretty in Pink and the Apricot Appeal, ensuring that the split line followed the split line of the 4 base panels. Probably one of those things that only I noticed, but it makes me happy!
One thing I noticed when making these cards is I don't have many sayings that fit in the scallop circle...hence the generic "For you". Oh well, something more to buy at some point.
The Engineering Details
Stamp Sets - Terrific Tulips (retired), Happy Everything; Paper - Designer Series Prints Pack (hostess set), Handsome Hunter, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White; Ink - Handsome Hunter, Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal; Accessories - Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Pretty in Pink eyelets, Crop-a-Dile, sponge, dimensionals, corner rounder punch

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are both beautiful cards. I love the colors of the first card. And yes, they both qualify. Thanks for playing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails