Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bold and Brightly Tied Up in Love


Are you ready for some prizes...a whole bunch of prizes? Paper Makeup Stamps is helping Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog celebrate their First Birthday....and they are only one of the many sponsors (which means there is a lot to win and lots of chances to win!). The challenge this week is an easy one...just pick one of the past year of challenges and go with it! So make sure you check out the Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog for all of the details...there is a Blog Hop to go along with it!

So for my card I went with a recent Paper Sundaes challenge of using Circles. I chose the Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge #2 for my layout and the Moxie Fab World Bold & Bright Color Challenge in honor of the Color Inspiration Special Issue by Paper Crafts. And since this is a Valentine's related card, it just happens to fit the Paper Crafts January Gallery Challenge too! Wow that is a lot of challenges for one card...at least for me! I gotta say I loved this color combo, but it was a challenge to color a big image like this with just these colors. I had to really restrain myself from adding another color to the bunnies! Speaking of bunnies...aren't they just the cutest?! These are Billy and Bianca all tied up in love...makes me remember the days of high school when it was a form of courtship to duck tape the one you liked. I was duct taped a few times so I was pretty good at getting out of it too! I can distinctly remember that my now husband was one of those duct tapers back then! Anyway Billy and Bianca Love Bunnies are the latest additions to the Retro Cutie Critters line by Paper Makeup Stamps.

I colored them with an aquabrush and markers (for the colors) and an ink pad (for the black). The little "love" at the bottom is from the "with love" sentiment in the Little Moments Sentiment set from Paper Makeup Stamps. I happen to find a button from the Cat's Pajamas Candy Sprinkles set that matched perfectly so I went with that instead of a bow.

Four more color combos in honor of the Color Inspiration for Cardmakers issue to go...so you will see me soon! Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Billy & Bianca Love Bunnies, Little Moments Sentiments (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU!), Basic White (Papertrey Ink), watercolor paper; Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Melon Mambo Marker, Tangerine Tango Marker (SU!); Accessories - Black Satin Ribbon (Offray), Orange Button from Candy Sprinkles Button Collection (Cat's Pajamas), Heart Blocks embossing folder (Provo), thin white satin ribbon (Offray), Clear Stars Glitter Pen (Sakura), Circle and Big Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), aquabrush, dimensionals


5 comments:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Andrea-This card is darling! I love how you did the rabbits two toned! And those colors work perfectly for a love themed card.

Thanks for joining us in our birthday celebration challenge this week for Paper Sundaes! Good luck!
♥ Lisa

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Tracy Valure said...

This is gorgeous! What cute little rabbits too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes and hope to see you back this week for "distressing".
Tracy

Shana said...

What an adorable card Andrea! Love the embossed heart paper. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks for entering the Bright & Bold challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails