Friday, January 14, 2011

Angelfish in Jewel Tones

Well Hugs and Fishes to all of you! Speaking of fishes, sometime I will have to go into our trials and tribulations with my son's fish tank...having some difficulty keeping fish alive! But I will spare you the story right now...mainly because I want to keep this shorter today.

I have been seeing the sneak peeks for the new Paper Crafts Color Inspiration Issue coming out soon and wow, I am loving it! Beyond sketches, color combos are my next favorite...talk about having to take the decisions out of my hand...all I am left to decide is what stamps will fit! So I jumped at the challenge to do the Moxie Fab World Jewel Tones Challenge in honor of the Color Inspiration Issue. Be forewarned that there are 6 color challenges and I am attempting to do them all!

I decided to take one more decision out of my hands and use the Mojo Sketch Challenge #172
for my layout. I stamped Angie the Angelfish, part of the Retro Cutie Critters line from Paper Makeup Stamps, in Whisper White and embossed her with white embossing powder. I tried coloring her in with a blender pen and ink pads, but the Not Quite Navy color looked more Ballet Blue then and didn't really fit. So I resorted to paper piecing her together from Elegant Eggplant and Not Quite Navy cardstock. Then I sponged So Saffron around her and added the stickles for some glitter!

That is all for me. Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Angie the Angelfish, Cutie Critter Sayings (Paper Makeup Stamps); Paper - Elegant Eggplant, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, Whisper White (SU!); Ink - Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant (SU!); Accessories - Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (Provo), white embossing powder (SU!), Oval Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders), So Saffron Brads (SU!), Stardust Stickles (Ranger), dimensionals

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow, you pieced her? WOW...it's gorgeous. Love the effect of the white ep on the dark colors.

veronica said...

love it! esp the bubbles embossing to go with the fish image!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Andrea! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails