Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pendant Ornament

So I didn't plan my days very well while the kids are gone. I was so excited to get the house clean and actually live in a clean house for a little while, that I did that yesterday and saved my yardwork for today. Well guess what...today it is raining! I saw the forecast ahead of time and it said scattered showers, so I figured I would be ok. Looking pretty rainy out there...maybe it will clear up this afternoon so I can get a little bit done outside. I definitely have other stuff to keep me busy, so no worries!

This is my final non-winning Spellbinder Pendant Project Contest entry. I will admit that it is a little plain, but I thought it was cool nonetheless. This is made up of 4 Fleur-de-Lis Pendants scored down the middle and adhered back to back of each other. The same was done for the center part in Real Red using the smaller Fleur-de-Lis Pendant. I uesd some silver cord down the middle to hold the Real Red middle pendant and to give a loop at the top to actually hang the ornament. Then I used some self-adhesive Red Rhinestones to "bling"it up a bit. Fairly plain and simple, but getting the whole thing adhered together was a time-consuming process.


Finally got my scrapbook pages that I did last weekend off of my camera, so I will be posting those soon. Until then, have a great Wednesday and thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - None; Paper - Bashful Blue, Real Red; Ink - None; Accessories - Silver cord (unknown), self-adhesive Red Rhinestones (Darice), Mono Multi Glue (Tombow)

3 comments:

Cristybug said...

How is little Francesca doing? I haven't heard any updates for awhile and didn't know if I missed something.
Cristy

Oh, I really enjoyed your last card. Totally cool. Thanks for sharing.

mary stuart said...

Love your ornament, simple but lovely (and not so simple to put together!!) The cards you created are very cool (a lot of work!!)
Isn't it funny when we have a bit of time to ourselves that we clean the house! ....but it is so nice to have a clean home, even for a few minutes!
Enjoy you blog.

Sue from Oregon said...

this is gorgeous. I tend to like things with not so much fru-fru, so I think this is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails