Sunday, August 2, 2009

Love Birds for Lifetime

Finally getting back into my Mojo...Mojo Monday Sketch Challenges that is! I recently got the Verve Stamps Anniversary Birds stamp set (used) and I needed an anniversary card...it is like a match made in stamping heaven! So I used the current Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #97.

I wanted to use at least one of the new In Colors and try a new color combo...so I came up with Bermuda Bay, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. I think they work pretty well together if I do say so myself (patting myself on the back). The birds were stamped in Bashful Blue and the branches were stamped in Certainly Celery...the leaves were stamped and cut out and added later so they would stick past my circle for some interest. I layered it on to a scallop circle (Scallop Circle Nestabilities) of Bermuda Bay. Then I paper pierced (freehand...can you tell?) around the outside of the circle. All this was placed over top some retired Banbury DSP and Bashful Blue cardstock with a little paper piercing (this time with the Mat Pack). The sentiment was colored with Bashful Blue and Bermuda Bay markers, layered, and placed into position. A couple of Ice Rhinestone Brads and a photo corner punch of Certainly Celery finished off the card. I am not sure the addition of the photo corner really did much for my card, but it was in the sketch and you know us engineers and following the rules!

Thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - Anniversary Birds (Verve Stamps); Paper - Bermuda Bay, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Banbury DSP; Ink - Basful Blue, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Bermuda Bay markers; Accessories - Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads, Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, dimensionals

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails