Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love Pendant and Shaking Moment

Ok I am still shaking right now! Partly because I just got done doing a workout (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred...tough workout!) and I can barely lift my arms, but mostly because I just got an email saying I had a project accepted for the March/April 2010 Issue of Paper Crafts Magazine! That is right, I am going to see my name in print in a magazine...with one of my cards, of course! Totally shocked and amazed right now...I actually started crying when I called my husband to tell him. Sorry I can't show you what got accepted, but when the magazine is released, I will be sure to point out which one is mine (I have no problem exploiting myself!). So now I have to learn about all of the paperwork and such that goes with having something accepted. Woohoo!!!

So this card, obviously, is not the one accepted. This is the last of my cards for the Verve 2nd Anniversary Sketch Challenges. This is also the last card I did in a night of 3 cards...so it was a wee bit late when I made this...so don't judge me too hard! I do like parts of it, but as a whole...let's just say it is not my best work! So I chose to try (oh why did I decide to try this one) the SCS Color Challenge #228: Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, and Pretty in Pink. Really? I guess it combines ok, but man was it a tough one...and like I said not 100% pleased. I used the Renaissance Hearts Pendant (the small one) for my main circle...layered onto a larger circle and a scallop circle. I sponged the Really Rust through the die for the funky heart shapes and then sponged the edges of the pendant. This was my attempt to tone down the pink...it just felt so bright up against the Really Rust and Not Quite Navy. The patterned paper is a retired Hostess Prints Pack (on Pretty in Pink). I used the Renaissance Borderabilities along the bottom of the card and sponged Craft Whisper White ink through the die...note to self I need smaller sponge daubers...my normal sponge was a pain in the you know what! I finished off the card with some rhinestone stickers (need more...I have been using these a lot lately!) and some white taffeta ribbon.

Ok I have calmed down a little by typing this, but when I think about getting accepted, I start to shake all over again! So exciting! Well anyway, thanks for checking out my kind of engineering!


The Engineering Details
Stamps - None; Paper - Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Pretty in Pink, Pretty in Pink PP, Whisper White; Ink - Really Rust, Whisper White Craft; Accessories - Love & Happiness Rub-ons (retired SAB), Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Renaissance Hearts Pendants and Borderabilities (Spellbinders), White Taffeta Ribbon, Rhinestone Stickers (Me & My Big Ideas), dimensionals

6 comments:

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting :) How awesome will it be to open that magazine and see your work in glossy goodness? Yay!

Love your blog ;) I have twin year olds, so I can relate to the trying to reason with a 4 year old boy :)

Stephanie Benedict said...

Congrats Andrea! Your hard work, late nights and awesome talent is being appreciated by more than just your friends and family. I'm looking forward to seeing your creation!

Anita said...

Congrats! Your card is so beautiful!

Deborah Young said...

Andrea...that is soooo exciting! WoooHOOO!!! congratulations to you, first for having the guts to submit (tee hee) - then for getting selected! Not that I am one bit surprised!

katrynka said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting.

I do agree with you that the pink is a little bright, but overall it is a really nice card. I really like the white sponged border at the bottom!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on what is the first of which I'm sure will be many published works! Can't wait to see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails