Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Spring Tree


I went to JoAnn's to get a new blade for my cutter and of course had to browse. I seriously cannot make quick trips there...I love to just look around too much! Anyway, I saw this patterned paper there and just had to buy a sheet. I love the colors and the sparkle!
So to use it, I chose Julee's (Poetic Artistry) Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #71 from last week (plan on doing the current one later this week). We have had a lot of snow this year, so the quote from Verve Stamps Beautiful You set jumped out at me...this winter will not last forever even if it seems it will. Then I chose to use the tree from Season of Friendship with the flower to show the tree changing from winter to spring.
The biggest challenge for me on this card was getting the quote in all of the colors...without markers! Oh if I had all of those colors in markers, it would have been a piece of cake, but without them it took a lot of post-it notes and trials. Luckily Verve stamps are clear, so I could fairly easily line everything up since I had to stamp it 3 times!
Well I am suppose to be ironing, so I should get back to that. Thanks for visiting!
The Engineering Details
Stamps - Season of Friendship, Beautiful You (Verve Stamps); Paper - DP (DCVW Provo), Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion,Whisper White; Ink - Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Apricot Appeal; Accessories - Circle Nestabilities, Square and Scallop Square Nestabilities, Crystal Stickles, Apricot 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, 3/4" Circle Punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful card1 I like how you stamped the verse in different colors. I know what it is like to go to a craft store for one item and come out with a few extra items.

Related Posts with Thumbnails