Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mickey Mouse Valentine

When I was in high school, I LOVED Mickey Mouse...I just thought that he was just the cutest character. I wore very bold Mickey pants in one of my senior pictures. When I got married, Mickey and Minnie adorned the top of our wedding cake. In our first house, we had a black and white bathroom that was covered with Mickey Mouse. I still love Mickey, but not to the extent that I did then. But when I saw a set of Mickey Mouse stamps in the $1 aisle in JoAnn Fabrics, I just had to get it! And since my husband obviously was aware of my obsession with Mickey, I thought the image of Mickey and Minnie would make the perfect valentine image!

So incorporating my ultra cute Mickey image with the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge #72, this card was born. I stamped the image with Black Stazon to make sure that it was a really deep black (you know how Basic Black doesn't always look black sometimes). I kept the coloring simple with just Ruby Red and So Saffron markers and then added some sparkle using Red and Yellow Gelly Roll glitter pens.

I used the adorable saying from Verve Stamps Beautiful You set. My husband and I have always said we have to die together so that we never have to live without each other, so the quote was PERFECT! I cut that out with the circle Nestabilities and layered it on a Ruby Red scallop circle. The whole thing was finished off with some rub-on hearts from the Love and Happiness Rub-on set from SAB last year.


It appears that in the card-making world, finishing off the inside of the card is now the in thing to do. So since my base card was black and I needed something on the inside anyway, I decided to give it a shot. Not sure I am in complete favor of this inside finishing stuff though. Looks great, yes, but it definitely adds some weight to the card which is not good for mailing. Plus, it takes me awhile to get the outside just the way I want it, so finishing the inside just means more time! Ahhh! Anyway, still not sure I will be doing this on all cards, but it was somewhat necessary for this one.

I have a couple other things to share this week, so stay tuned for more! Plus I plan to share a Francesca update in there too. Thanks for visiting!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Beautiful You (Verve Stamps), Mickey Mouse (All Night Media); Paper - Basic Black, Ruby Red, Barely Banana, Whisper White; Ink - Black Stazon, Ruby Red Marker, So Saffron Marker; Accessories - Red Stars Gelly Roll Glitter Pen (Sakura), Yellow Stars Gelly Roll Glitter Pen (Sakura), Love and Happiness Rub-ons (retired), Circle & Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Heart Blocks Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Edge Scallop Punch, White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, dimensionals, white gel pen

2 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love Mickey & Minnie too.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is adorable! Thanks for playing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails