Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge in the Nick of Time!


I am always running late on getting Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenges done in time...not sure why, but I always am. Almost did not get this one done in time too even though I had the idea in my head as soon as I saw the sketch, but due to my son and husband being sick today, I stayed home to care for everyone and got it done during nap time. It is looking like I may be home again tomorrow...they weren't looking too good as they fell asleep tonight!



Anyway, I love this sketch even though tall cards are a little out of my comfort zone. I also decided to incorporate the SCS Color Challenge color combo too...woohoo double challenge! I have been playing a lot with the Happy Heart Day stamp set (as you will see on my blog) and thought about the butterflies flying around the squares as soon as I saw the sketch. The are stamped in black and then I paper pieced the wings in Baroque Burgundy. The Old Olive background piece was distressed on the edges and torn at the bottom. I added the 5/8" Baroque Burgundy grosgrain ribbon with a knot at the bottom, but decided against adding the tag...just wasn't feeling what I would put on it. The side Pretty in Pink piece was stamped with Baroque Burgundy ink and sponged with the same ink. I didn't have any patterned paper that would work so it was my attempt at making it myself. Thought it turned out pretty good. I like the addition of the Rhinstone brads...although it took a little convincing of myself to part with 3 of them on one card! Not much complicated here, but I am pleased.

The Engineering Details
Stamps - Happy Heart Day; Ink - Baroque Burgundy, Basic Black, Old Olive Marker; Cardstock - Baroque Burgundy, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Whisper White; Accessories - Ice Rhinestone Brads, 5/8" Baroque Burgundy grosgrain ribbon; Supplies - sponge, scissors

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Andrea! I love the butterflies that come out of the square. I love that color combo! Was that last week's challenge? This weeks was super hard.
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch! Hugs and smiles

craftyrachel said...

I really like what you have done, especially with the butterflies! When I saw the name of your blog, I just had to take a peek. I edit specifications for civil engineers!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this one!! Love the butterflies as the main image. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails