Monday, February 4, 2008

Valentine Elephant

I freely admit that I went a little bit overboard on this. Looking at the card, you may think how could I call that overboard…simple design, not a lot of layers, a little glitter, but not too much embellishments…but now I tell you that these Valentines are for the other kids in my son’s daycare. So they will be going to children 5 and under. Now you think I went overboard, don’t you? I got a little caught up and was having fun…so oh well!

I love this little Elephant from the Happy Heart Day set. I love elephants in general and this little guy is no exception. Since the Valentines are from my son, I tried not to make it too girly hence the color choice of Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Going Gray. I colored the elephant with watercolor pencils and a blender pen and the flowers/hearts with markers. The scalloped edge at the bottom of the gray is made with the 3/16” Corner Rounder punch…kind of a tedious process for 22 cards, but I persevered to get it done! Then of course the heart that the elephant is holding just screamed for some glitter even though it is from a boy…its Valentine’s Day…how can I deny the little heart glitter?!

I made a few incomplete versions of this card that I am planning on having my son finish for grandparents and Daddy. Once I do that, I will show you his version.

The Engineering Details
Stamps – Happy Heart Day; Ink – Basic Black, Ruby Red Marker, Old Olive Marker; Cardstock – Going Gray, Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive; Accessories – 3/16” corner rounder punch, rectangle slot punch, Always Artichoke ¼” grosgrain ribbon, Watercolor pencils, Icicle Stickles; Supplies – blender pen, paper piercer




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails