Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So Very Cute in a tub WAY too Small!


O.k., how funny are these pictures? It still cracks me up to this day...poor kid will probably hate that we did this to him when he is older. The story is we are camping and he got really, really dirty at the playground. Well we had done this with him before during camping trips, but we had used someone else's buckets. This time we had to use our own and he was a just a tad too big (or the bucket was a tad too small)! He really didn't care...he was having fun!

This was the last page that I did during the overnight scrapbooking event I attended. It actually came together faster than any page I have ever made...I even shocked myself! I had just the three pictures and when I set them down on the table to look at them to see if I could envision how I wanted to lay them out, I had laid them down basically as you see them. They looked so good like that...so I went with it! Drew all of the colors for the page from the pictures themselves, so even that part was easy.

The scallop border was done with the slit punch...makes a larger scallop than the corner rounder and then I added the 1/4" circles of summer Sun to accent the border. The bottom of the page needed a little something so I added the frog from last year's SAB set, Very Punny, for really no real reason...there is no frogs anywhere, but the page was green and dealt with water. Makes you think frog, right? For the journaling, I used the word window punch to round off strips of Whisper White in which I added the 1/4" circles to and my journaling. Lastly, I finally used the So Very set (another one of last year's SAB), which I have always liked but never used, for the title. To continue the circle/scallop thing I had going I highlighted the "Cute" with the Scallop Circle Punch. By the way, "Cute" is in Lavender Lace, but for some reason every picture I took wanted to wash that purple there out...looks better IRL!

Still working (o.k. actually still haven't started working) on my son's birthday invitations. Once I get them done, I will share those as well!



The Engineering Details
Stamps - Very Punny (retired), So Very (retired); Paper - Garden Green, Lavender Lace, Summer Sun, Whisper White; Ink - Garden Green, Lavender Lace, White Craft, Garden Green Marker; Accessories - Slit punch, 1/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch; Supplies - Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your page is adorable. But I am sure he will want to tear that page out of the scrapbook someday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails