Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weekend Sketch Challenge…well sort of

Well I was all pumped up to get back into some stamping this last weekend, although I will admit I was nervous too because it had been so long! I was feeling a bit under the weather, so I kept putting it off as my list of to-dos got ever longer. I started working on some samples for my upcoming annual Stamp-A-Stack or as my good friend like to call it, Stamp-Attack and thought I would garner some inspiration from the amazing Beate Johns Weekend Sketch Challenge. I swear I did look at the sketch, but for some reason it translated a little different in my brain. Anyway, this card which will be the Anniversary card in my Stamp-Attack, was the result. Comparing back to the actual Sketch that Beate created, I don’t think I did a very good job…but I liked the card nonetheless (plus I didn’t submit it to Beate in time for her challenge, but oh well…maybe next week).

I finally got to ink up the FREE (yes, free to demonstrators…so great sometimes to be a demonstrator) hostess set that I got awhile ago. I really like the set…it has a lot of pieces to make it very versatile. You can earn it by hosting a workshop that totals $500 or more, which could be fairly easy to reach with Sale-A-Bration coming in February!

My only problem with the card is that I used a non-Stampin’ Up! product on it which I hate to do for my Stampin’ Up! events. I needed to add some sparkle to the card…it was literally screaming at me to add sparkle! So I added some Diamond Stickles to the purple parts of the images…just added that extra something. Granted I probably could have done this with some of SU! Products (dazzling diamonds and Crystal Effects), but it would be much more time consuming and messier. So I hope I can be forgiven for that! Due to the coloring this may be a time consuming one, so I better try and keep some of the other ones a little simpler. Keep a look out for my other Stamp-Attack (this name is growing on me!) samples to come…I should have them all, along with an evite invitation, by the end of the weekend!


The Engineering Details
Stamps – Time Well Spent (Hostess Level 3); Ink – Basic Black, Close to Cocoa Marker; Cardstock – Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Shimmery White; Accessories – Stampin’ Pastels, Blender Pen, Diamond Stickles; Supplies – Paper Piercer, Post-it Note for masking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, this is lovely!
Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! Hugs and smiles

Related Posts with Thumbnails