Saturday, May 22, 2010

Quick Sweet Stop

Ok I feel like I am slacking a bit again this week. It has been a rough week for me and I felt very lucky to have even gotten this card made! This week consisted of laying 10 yards of mulch on my own, making 36 bridal shower invitations (to be shown later), baking and decorating a cake for my daughter whom turned 2...all while being sick! Ugh! I am ready for a day off!

So in light of the fact that I am tired, I will keep this short. I obviously needed a birthday card for my daughter...totally cannot believe she is 2 already!...so I used the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #57. I loosely followed the sketch...but had to change a few elements to make it work for my daughter who loves Elmo! So I thought out this card ahead of time, but when I actually sat down to make it, it took me only 20 minutes...that is super fast for me! Yeah it is pretty basic, but I like basic and it only too me 20 minutes. I was shooting for 10 minutes, but I struggled with the rhinestone addition. Anyway, I made Elmo from punched/die cut shapes...found lots of renditions on Splitcoast Stampers. I stamped a "2" randomly on Green Galore cardstock in Green Galore ink and used a satin black ribbon to finish it off. I felt there was too much blank space at the top right corner on the dotted paper and rhinestones directly on the paper didn't look right. So I added a part of the word window punch there and put the rhinestones on top. I had wrote the text around Elmo...I just couldn't figure out how to get it around the bow and it was already stuck down so I couldn't move it up. So there you have it. Hopefully next week I will be a bit more "fancy" or "creative" than I have for the last two weeks.

Now go check out the creations by the rest of the Sugar Babies: Audrey, Candace, Dana, Julie, Kathy, Kelli, Nancy, Renata, and the Sugar Mama, Korin. Better yet make a better card with the sketch and link it up to the Sweet Stop blog. Thanks for going easy on me and for checking out my kind of engineering!

The Engineering Details
Stamps - None; Paper - Real Red, Green Galore, Basic Black, Whisper White, Only Orange (SU!), Baby Safari (Little Yellow Bicycle, I think); Ink - Green Galore (SU!), Black pen; Accessories - Scallop Circle, Circle, and Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Black Rhinestone Stickers (Darice), Word Window Punch (SU!), 1/4" Circle Punch, Black Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Irena said...

Very cute card :) I like Elmo :)

Dana White said...

BRILLIANT! This is so sweet

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

This is just adorable! I love your Elmo card! Hope you get some needed rest!

mousekemom said...

What a creative Elmo! He is just darling. I will have to kidnap that one for my Sesame Street Live page. Just darling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails